Bay Area Singles Events
This newsletter from the Bay area is submitted by bob lingo
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHRISTIAN SINGLES NEWSLETTER
March 20, 2019
MISSION AND PURPOSE OF NEWSLETTER
* To exalt and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ
* To support interested singles in their desire to become aware of, and involved in, Christ-centered singles events
* To support existing and emerging Christ-centered singles leaders in Northern California
Editor Bob Lingo reserves decision rights as to what events are publicized, and as to describing and formatting events.
Please let me know if you are interested in any of the events listed, or if you have an additional idea for an event. RSVP to me by reply email. By all means, feel free to share the newsletter with friends by "forwarding" this email.
You are receiving this newsletter by recent or previous request. To add a friend to my email list, email me their full name, email address, and contact phone. --Bob Lingo ( 925-270-3900; firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> ). To unsubscribe, please let me know by reply email.
1. 5 days after our train ride May 10, our country will be celebrating 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad to Sacramento, a historical event that enlarged, invigorated our country.
2. This September and October, our Niles Canyon Railway will be joining the rest of the state and country in celebrating the completion of the transcontinental railroad from Niles (and the Bay Area) to Sacramento (and across the country).
3. I’m also celebrating my 76th birthday that day.
So I hope you can join me for all the celebration on Sunday, May 5!
• Sunday, May 5, afternoon: We will meet at the Sunol depot (photo below) at 2 PM and ride on Niles Canyon Railway. Plan to arrive in Sunol right at about 2 PM, buy your own ticket at the depot, then meet me and the group in the same place as our photo below, so we can get together and plan about boarding the train. If for some reason you cannot find us or reach me by phone, just get in line to board the train for the 2:30 ride to Niles, and then call me (925-360-2734) so we can find you! Note: When we reach Niles, please stay on the train so we can return to Sunol about 3:50, and have a potluck picnic. BYO food and non-alcoholic drinks, perhaps in an ice chest, and maybe also food to share. Store your picnic food and ice chests in your trunk in the Sunol depot parking lot while riding the train. Our group will get “seniors” fares (saving each person $5.00) when you say you are with Bob Lingo’s group. Fares: $15 adults, $10 children 3-12. Carpooling will be available, but only if you let me know ahead of the day of the event.
Depot location for your GPS: 6 Kilkare Rd, Sunol, CA 94586
GROUPS IN SUMMARY…
More info in “Group Schedule Details” further below. Contact desired groups directly for event info.
• 925 Christian Singles (925CS), Walnut Creek area. Weekly Bible study and monthly events ( www.925cs.org <http://www.925cs.org/> )
• ALCF Singles, Mountain View. Jenny Vela ( firstname.lastname@example.org ); http://alcf.net/singles <http://alcf.net/singles>
• Christian Singles Network (CSN), Sacramento metro area. Christian singles dances and events ( www.christiansinglesnet.com <http://www.christiansinglesnet.com/> )
• COH Singles, San Bruno. Jomer DeLeon ( 650-392-4481; https://church.highlands.us/growth-groups <https://church.highlands.us/growth-groups> > #9. Group for Singles )
• Cornerstone Fellowship, Livermore (CFL). Cherrie Jacobs (925-980-0113; CJacobs925@msn.com <mailto:CJacobs925@msn.com> ).
• FCC Singles, Family Community Church (FCC), San Jose. ( https://familycommunity.church/ministries/singles-40/ )
• F.O.C.U.S. Connection at Heart of the Bay Christian Center (HBCC), Hayward ( 510-786-3232; www.HeartOfTheBay.org <http://www.heartofthebay.org/> )
• J.O.I.N. (Jesus Our Ideal Name) Singles at CPC Danville ( www.CPCDanville.org <http://www.cpcdanville.org/> ). Info: Jean Cernigoj (email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> )
• Journey for Christian Singles, South Bay. Kevin and Claudia Paterson ( 408-858-9109; Thegracejourney@gmail.com <mailto:Thegracejourney@gmail.com> )
• New Life Singles Together (NLST) at MC, Menlo Park (www.singlestogether.org <http://www.singlestogether.org/> ). Kathy Goodall (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ).
• SOLO (Singles Ordained with a Loving Objective), Grace Bible Fellowship, Antioch (https://www.gbfofantioch.org/solo <https://www.gbfofantioch.org/solo> )
• SVCC SingleLife, South Valley Community Church, Gilroy. Tammy Stone (408-848-2363 x122; singlelife@svccChurch.com <mailto:singlelife@svccChurch.com> )
• Thrive Singles at Bay Church/Calvary Temple (CTC), Concord/Bay Pt. http://calvarytemple.org/ <http://calvarytemple.org/connect/singles/> . Bob Lingo (BobLingo@astound.net )
• Valley Christian Center, Dublin. http://ComeDiscoverVCC.org <http://comediscovervcc.org/> . Pastor Dave Matas (Cell 925-784-6342; email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ).
• Venture Christian Church singles, Los Gatos. Mark Barber (408-316-8112; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ).
• Room, help, or services “needed” or “available”? (1) In Tri-Valley: https://facebook.com/groups/141651936507590 <https://facebook.com/groups/141651936507590>
(2) If you need a room to rent, or have one available, anywhere in the Bay Area, contact Bob.
• Looking for a new job or career? Check out http://careerdirectonline.org <http://careerdirectonline.org/> and https://www.crown.org <https://www.crown.org/> . It will be well worth your time!
GROUP SCHEDULE DETAILS…
925 Christian Singles (925CS), Walnut Creek area. Monthly events ( www.925cs.org <http://www.925cs.org/> )
Info: Tim Todd ( 925-798-0580; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ). Bible Study coordinator: Lauri Ogden (925-937 0522; email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> )
ALCF Singles, Abundant Life Christian Fellowship, Mountain View. Events: http://alcf.net/singles <http://alcf.net/singles> . Mailing list: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> . Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ALCF-Singles-Ministry/303740502993604 <http://alcf.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ee16e61059147ad557117f67d&id=f2e4829943&e=c580f283c2> . Leader: Jenny Vela (email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ). Single adults in 30s to 50s growing in their love and relationship with God and one another. Location: 2440 Leghorn St (near Hwy 101 & Rengstorff Ave), Mountain View 94043.
• Sundays 12:30-3 PM: ALCF Singles Sunday Fellowship Lunch in various locations. Check http://alcf.net/singles <http://alcf.net/singles> for next lunch location!
• Tuesdays 7-9 PM: ALCF Singles Bible study in Fellowship Hall. No childcare available, unfortunately. Also: There is a Food Fellowship Evening on first Tuesdays in Fellowship Hall.
Christian Singles Network, Sacramento metro area. Dances and events. CSN schedule for year: www.christiansinglesnet.com <http://www.christiansinglesnet.com/> .
• Friend CSN on Facebook and see updated announcements: https://www.facebook.com/ChristianSinglesNetwork <https://www.facebook.com/ChristianSinglesNetwork>
COH Singles, ages 35+, San Bruno. Jomer DeLeon ( 650-392-4481; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ). 1900 Monterey Dr, San Bruno 94066. Website: https://church.highlands.us/growth-groups <https://church.highlands.us/growth-groups> > #9. Group for Singles
• Sundays, 10-11:30 AM: COH Singles in the Word in room 102, taught by Jomer DeLeon, singles ministry director.
• Tuesdays, 7-9 PM: Divorce Recovery in room 101. A support group for those who are separated, divorced, or who have ended a long-term relationship. The group meets for 13 sessions that repeat in a round-robin style, so you can start at any time.
• Tuesdays, 7-9 PM: Celebrate Recovery (for all your hurts, habits, and hang-ups) normally in Cafeteria; first Tuesdays in room 212. Also, 6 PM potluck on last Tuesdays.
• Wednesdays, 7-8:30 PM: Grief & Loss Group in room 213. Ten weeks starting Jan 11.
• Fridays, 7:30-9 PM: COH singles meet in Room 102 for Bible study. Bring refreshments to share, if possible; but if you are unable to bring them, come and join us anyway. Call or email to request a newsletter: singles ministry director Jomer DeLeon ( 650-392-4481; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> )
Cornerstone Fellowship, Livermore (CFL). For more info: Cherrie Jacobs (925-980-0113; CJacobs925@msn.com <mailto:CJacobs925@msn.com> ).
• Tuesdays, 7-9 PM: CFL Singles Life Group book study in room U1 (upstairs above Parchments Café). If you are interested in getting on the group’s email list, contact Cherrie.
FCC Singles+ Family Community Church, SJ 95138; https://familycommunity.church/ministries/singles-40/ <https://familycommunity.church/ministries/singles-40/> ;email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> . Yahoo Group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Singles_Fellowship_Frontiers/info<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Singles_Fellowship_Frontiers/info> . John Lopez (408-693-6631; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ) Email Updates: To sign up for email notifications and reminders of our upcoming events, click here <http://forms.aweber.com/form/72/1458838872.htm> .
• Saturday, Oct 13, 6-10:30 PM: FCC Singles “Colors of Fall” Dance & Potluck in Stage 3. There is something mellow and yet vibrant about the colors of fall. So come dressed in your favorite fall colors (dress code is casual) and ready to "cut loose and kick off the Sunday shoes" grooving to specially selected tunes by DJ Albert. Cost/person: $5 WITH potluck item; $15 with NO potluck item. More info at: http://archive.aweber.com/fccsingles411/9cPQx/h/10_13_18_SAVE_THE_DATE_FCC.htm<http://archive.aweber.com/fccsingles411/9cPQx/h/10_13_18_SAVE_THE_DATE_FCC.htm>
• Sundays, 12:45 PM: FCC Singles Sunday Lunch after the 10:45 AM service. Call John Lopez for location.
• Mondays, 7-8:30 PM: FCC Singles Bible Study in South San Jose, please contact for location because we take turns opening our homes.
• Scheduled Saturdays, 6:30-9:30 PM: FCC Potluck & Game Nights in Room 252.
J.O.I.N. (Jesus Our Ideal Name) Singles at CPC Danville ( www.CPCDanville.org <http://www.cpcdanville.org/> ). Info: Jean Cernigoj ( email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> )
• Fridays, mid-month, 7-9 PM: J.O.I.N. Singles monthly gathering for food, faith and friendship in room 116. Join us monthly for a casual gathering of singles, hear a short, positive message and enjoy a light meal. Bring a friend! All are welcome!
• Sundays, 10:30 AM-12:15 PM: DivorceCare room 217. Video-discussion. Childcare available. http://www.cpcdanville.org/divorcecare/ <http://www.cpcdanville.org/divorcecare/>
Journey for Christian Singles, South Bay, for 30s & 40s. ( www.journeyforchristiansingles.com <http://www.journeyforchristiansingles.com/> ;Thegracejourney@gmail.com <mailto:Thegracejourney@gmail.com> )
New Life Singles Together (NLST) at Menlo Church (MC), Menlo Park area. For singles 55+ and “safe.” Alcohol-free events. Kathy Goodall (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ).
• Sundays, 1-2:30 PM: NLST lunch in Garden Court room at Menlo Church (MC), 950 Santa Cruz Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025. First-time guests free to “drop in.” Regular attenders $6 donation.
• Other events and activities: See group's website above to keep up with Sunday program topics and latest info. Many events require advance signups, though the Sunday lunches and programs are "drop in."
SOLO (Singles Ordained with a Loving Objective), Grace Bible Fellowship, Antioch (https://www.gbfofantioch.org/solo <https://www.gbfofantioch.org/solo> )
Group also collects and shares information helpful for those in need of employment or housing.
SVCC SingleLife, South Valley Community Church (SVCC), Gilroy. Focused on the unique life situations of adults age 30 and above who are single, divorced or widowed. Tammy Stone (408-848-2363 x122 <mailto:(408-848-2363%20x122> ; singlelife@svccChurch.com <mailto:singlelife@svccChurch.com> ; http://www.svccchurch.com<http://www.svccchurch.com/>
• Sundays, 1 PM: SVCC singles lunch. First Sundays: Monthy SingleLife Meet & Greet.
• Thursdays, 7 PM: SVCC SingleLife Bible Study.
Thrive Singles at Bay Church/Calvary Temple (CTC), Concord/Bay Point; http://calvarytemple.org/connect/singles/ <http://calvarytemple.org/connect/singles/> ; Info: Bob Lingo ( BobLingo@astound.net <mailto:BobLingo@astound.net> )
• Sundays, 11:45 Noon - 12:55 PM: Thrive Singles class and fellowship in CTC room 103.
• Sundays, 1 PM: Thrive prayer circle meets in room 103. Everyone is invited to share a praise or prayer request, and pray!
• Mondays, 7-9 PM: Beginning in February, DivorceCare video-discussion series meets in room 222. And the same start-up applies to GriefShare in room 223 “next door,” for those who are struggling with the loss of a loved one. RSVP to Bob for info.
• Tuesdays, 7 PM: Beginning in February, Cleansing Stream class meets in room 103.
• Other events: Ask Bob to be added to the weekly Thrive events email list for info on other Thrive events not shown in this Newsletter.
Valley Christian Center, Dublin. http://ComeDiscoverVCC.org <http://comediscovervcc.org/> . Pastor Dave Matas (Cell 925-784-6342; email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ).
• Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 PM: Video-discussion meets weekly at Valley Christian Center (7500 Inspiration Dr, Dublin 94568; 925-560-6202;http://ComeDiscoverVCC.org <http://comediscovervcc.org/> ). Enter the main lobby, head toward the right end of the lobby into the South View Room. Facilitated by pastor Dave Matas. Plan to arrive about 15 minutes early.
Venture Christian Church Singles (VCC). Mark Barber (408-316-8112; email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> ). Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/rightrelationships/ <https://www.facebook.com/groups/rightrelationships/> VCC location: 16845 Hicks Rd, Los Gatos 95032; 408-997-4600; http://venture.cc <http://venture.cc/> .
• Sundays, 5:30-7:30 PM: VCC singles dinner and program in room 218.